Therapy for Depression and Complicated Grief
Are you feeling hopeless, helpless, lonely, isolated? Are you not feeling quite like your usual self?
Do these thoughts often enter your mind?
- I am worthless and can’t do anything about it.
- I feel guilty for just wanting to eat, sleep and be alone.
- I hate who I am these days.
- I can’t stop crying, which makes me want to stay away from others.
- I feel gut-wrenching pain, but no one understands.
- My life and the world around me are dark. I hate it, but I can’t change it.
- Have you stopped enjoying things you previously enjoyed doing?
- Have you had thoughts that family, friends, the world would be better off without you?
- Have you had thoughts of suicide or killing yourself in the last two weeks?
- If this last one is YES, and you have a plan, please call the Suicide Prevention Line at 1-800-273-8255
If you have had any variation of these thoughts and don’t feel like your usual self, chances are you may be suffering from depression.
I want you to know that you are not alone and there are people who can help. Many of our clients find relief in realizing that their struggle does not own them and that there are many options available to once again have hope for their lives.
I understand the social stigma that comes with the label of being depressed, and thus aim to help clients sort out the environmental, biological and circumstantial factors which may be affecting them while offering treatment options and support during this particular time in their lives. Assessing a client for depression always begins with making certain they have had a fairly recent physical examination with labs to exclude any medical illness which may mask as depression (including thyroid conditions and vitamin D deficiency). Once we have ruled this out, we can get to work!
There are a number of very effective treatments for depression and complicated grief. Which treatment is best for you will depend on your age, gender, history and availability to participate in therapy. Just as no one therapist is right for everyone, no one treatment is right for everyone.
If you are hoping to finally lighten this load and feel like yourself again, please feel free to contact me today for a free phone consultation.